Friday, June 1, 2012

Remember Looklet?

Do you remember Looklet.com? Cause I remember EVERYTHING about it alright (read: my username-Kissing Cherries, the 300+ hearts on my profile, and the friends I've met and made who are fellow Looklet addicts).
Oh, the fun of creating looks with items you don't even have to buy? But of course, you can't have either cause its only in a computer. Many are still wondering what happened to Looklet since the team's last message:

 "Dear Looklet User, on January 31, looklet.com will take a new direction. Unfortunately, this means that the user community is discontinued including the user pages. Please save all material you want to keep from your page. We've had a blast with looklet.com and we hope to see you all again."

If you try to visit their site now, fortunately, you can still play with the old selection of clothes, accessories, and models but you can no longer access your account.

To reminisce, here some of my top looks:









To the people who pioneered the realistic dress-up mania, I salute you and I hope to see you guys again!

12 comments:

  1. I think they had to shut it down because most of its users started to post the looks on Looklet to LOOKBOOK.nu. :( </3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. Too bad. Those users should've known better. Guess the site got too crowded too?

      Delete
    2. I think that it is wrong I played this as a teen and now it's gone why can't they have one for fun to play and a different one for fashion careers

      Delete
  2. It's August and before we know it, it's going to have been a whole year since that message. I really want Looklet back. I found this Russian site that's kina like it but it's not the same. Looklet was so much fun. TT^TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! we are a new virtual styling site - GLAMSTORM.COM - with a growing community and exciting new features coming up: own body measurements, the option to upload own face pic and try on hairstyles and makeups. Looking forward to seeing you at our site!

    We are also on facebook.com/GLAMSTORM

    love, your GLAMSTORM team

    ReplyDelete
  4. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I NEVER SAW THAT MESSAGE!! EVERYTHING IS LOST! I HAD LIKE HUNDREDS OF LOOKS!! OMGGGG!!!! IM GONNA DIEEE WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

    god I just cant believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just visited looklet today after a long long time and realized there's no 'sign in' button anywhere. and then it hit me.

    DAAAAAAMN! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. that was i was thinking a months ago. I really love looklet when i was in highschool, i just didnt play it again when im at university, because too buzy with chores, when i got back to looklet, i acn't really access it at all, sooo disappointed, because it was really fun site :(
    i didn't got so many likes as you did, but feel sad about whats happened about looklet, now we only can play demo :( try to figured my past

    ReplyDelete
  7. guys try glamstorm we need so many more people on there to be a looklet community agian!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm the most late person to know about looklet site. i just visited today and BAMM!! i've got no idea what happened and i never saw that message !! *smh

    ReplyDelete
  9. 4 years late!!! I can't believe they shut it down!! The memories..im 25 now and still want to play it haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. i miss this! none can compare!!

    ReplyDelete